The Saïd Business School of University of Oxford is offering Skoll Scholarships for MBA students to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. Skoll Centre offers five scholarships every year. The Scholarship is intended to provide college and course fees of £44,150. Additional funds are provided as a contribution towards living expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Saïd Business School, University of Oxford| UK
Field(s): MBA students who want to pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
Deadline: 6 January 2017 (Stage 3) and 6 March 2017 (Stage 4).
Funded By: Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Skoll Scholarships are targeted for students of any nationality
‣ Award No: up to five scholarships every year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The Skoll Scholarship covers full costs of Saïd Business School tuition and college fees (£44,150). The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses based on need, up to an additional £8,000. Students will be responsible for meeting the financial guarantee by other means necessary. In exceptional cases, the Scholarship Committee may consider requests for full scholarship coverage including the financial guarantee.
The Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in social ventures rather than the commercial or public sectors.
To be eligible for the Skoll Scholarships , you must be accepted to the Oxford MBA programme, and meet the following criteria:
‣ You must have started and grown a social venture that has been running for at least 12 months or have been responsible for leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within that venture.
‣ You must demonstrate some evidence of your need for the Scholarship (e.g. circumstances that make self-funding the MBA a significant financial burden).
‣ You must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of the community within which you work. You will need to illustrate why a business degree at this stage of your career can help amplify your impact.
‣ You must demonstrate evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with social entrepreneurial leadership such as: persistence in pursuit of a social/environmental benefit goal, a bias toward action rather than reflection, a willingness to take personal risks, a habit of developing a network and using it to pursue mutual goals, and a tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources.
Selection Criteria for Skoll Scholarships
‣ The Scholarship Committee assesses need based on previous earnings, geographical location, and future earning potential.
Scholarship Application Method
Applying for the Skoll Scholarship
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
1. Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
2. Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1-3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2017-18 academic year. All the information about the programme and relevant deadlines can be found here.
3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application. See timelines below to know when to expect this.
6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
7. That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly. If your written application is successful, you’ll be invited to join an in-person or video Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:
Timelines for the 2017-18 academic year are as follows:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.